Yarn Help! Gets a Doctor Who Scarf Page.
Mar 28, 2023
Over the weekend I expanded my Yarn Help! website https://yarnhelp.app to include calculations for the number of balls of yarn needed for scarfs, cat mats, and baby blankets. I also added a Doctor Who Scarf page.
This page currently calculates the total number of balls needed to make a Season 12 Doctor Who scarf.
In the coming weeks, I'll add:
- Separate calculators for the number of balls of each colour needed
- A beta version of my knitting pattern generator. This will print the pattern to the UI in plain English (and eventually French).
I'd love to hear thoughts and comments!
- If you're into Doctor Who what's your favourite season?
- If you knit or crochet what's your favourite type of project?
- Would you use the Yarn Gift Helper page if you were shopping for a knitter or crocheter? Find me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethmccready My new Linktr.ee: https://linktr.ee/gingerkiwi.dev
ABOUT YARN HELP!
The Yarn Gift Helper] is designed to help non-knitters quickly figure out how much yarn to buy for their family members and friends who are knitters - without spending hours learning about yarn. This current edition is just for medium thickness (Craft Yarn Council #4) worsted/10ply/9wpi yarn.
With now almost 250,000 different yarns in the world*, many different thicknesses ("weights"), and yarn brands having different lengths of yarn in each ball/skein, it definitely can be confusing.
It will eventually be hooked up to the Ravelry.com api so users can search for yarn info on their database. I'm debating on doing more backend with users and logins - but one step at a time!
Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dr_Who_%28316350537%29.jpg